Winter/Spring

Fantasia


Huginn: I cried from out of the depths. I had no choice. Why did He allow a man to do such a glorious thing?

Muninn: (shaken) Fifteen minutes; I remember no other such comparable power and majesty since Creation.

H: I am wrathful and afraid and sad. And it had such a quiet name, so unindicative of what would follow.

M: We cannot stop him. This music will not die, and soon this hymn of heaven will be available to all men.

H: How could he do it? Fantasia on a Theme by Thomas Tallis by Ralph Vaughan Williams, performed by the Academy of St Martin-In-The-Fields, conducted by Sir Neville Marriner. This version I have listened to, as I have to all other versions, and for once, I miss the fields of Heaven.

M: FORGET. (quietly) And thus have I abused my trust. But, O, the music, that aweful music!